Lord willing, and the creek don’t rise, we will be in the air within the hour and in Dunedin by 10:00pm on Wednesday night (Birmingham time). In case you missed it when I posted before, here is our itinerary, along with a few specific prayer requests. We selfishly ask you to pray without ceasing–we’re not going to get any sleep for a few days, and it will make us feel better if you don’t get any either. 🙂
Depart: Birmingham – 11:55am (Feb. 7th, Bham time)
Arrive: St. Louis – 1:20pm
Depart: St. Louis – 2:35pm
Arrive: Los Angeles – 4:45pm
Depart: Los Angeles – 10:00pm
Arrive: Auckland, NZ – 8:00am (Feb. 9th, NZ time)
Depart: Auckland, NZ – 2:30pm (Feb. 9th, NZ time)
Arrive: Dunedin, NZ – 4:25pm (Feb. 9th, NZ time)
- That we would display patience, kindness, gentleness, and the love of Christ toward one another and toward anyone else we might meet along the way; it will be a long two days of flying and layovers with two little boys (age 2 and under).
- That God would place polite people in our path who can help us get our seven checked bags, four carry-on bags, and two children through the check points and across the airport.
- That our boys will be able to sleep (at least a bit) on the flight from LA to Auckland, New Zealand (this is the long flight, obviously).
- That we will arrive safely in Dunedin, New Zealand, with all of our baggage and sanity.
- That we will be able to find a church, a place to worship and serve, within the first few months.
P.S. – Fret not, regular readers, I’ve scheduled posts for publication on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. You’ll have plenty of reading to do…