Our pods just left for CO. We’re cramming the remainder of our possessions in our car and planning on leaving Birmingham, AL tomorrow morning at 3:00am (we’ll eat some barbeque in the car; happy Independence Day). We’ll drive first to Fort Worth, TX (about ten hours) and stay two nights with family there. Then we’ll leave at 3:00am on the morning of July 6th and head all the way to our new home, Greeley, CO (roughly twelve hours). So, yes, that’s twenty-two hours of driving … with a four and a six year old … and our four year old has just come down with a 103 fever! Poor little guy has awful luck when it comes to moving. When we moved to New Zealand three and a half years ago, he got Chickenpox on the plane.
As we get ready to go West, we ask our family and friends to pray for the following:
- Quick healing for our youngest son, Cullen.
- Safety as we travel unfamiliar roads at ridiculous hours of the morning.
- Patience and gentleness for Dillon and Jamie. These will be greatly needed, as we will probably be listening to our boys sing the “Pink Elephants on Parade” song from Dumbo about 12,000 times.
- A boundless supply of Benadryl, so Aidan and Cullen will sleep most of the way. (Alright, alright, I’m just kidding about this one. Maybe.)
- Our first few weeks in Greeley, as we will have a lot to do: preaching, meetings, getting to know many new people, unpacking a few things, continuing the process of getting a house, investigating schools for Aidan, learning our way around the city, etc.
If you haven’t heard, the church I will be shepherding is Cornerstone Community Church (EPC). You can visit the church website here. And you can find sermon audio here. I’ll be preaching on July 12th, and, assuming the congregational meeting that day goes well, will be preaching weekly beginning August 2nd. Jamie, Aidan, Cullen, and I are excited to play a small part in the great things that God is doing in Greeley. Cornerstone family, we’ll see you soon!